Monday, May 2, 2011

I Wished There Was More Rice!


I met with Eiko for lunch at Potbelly again Monday, April 25.  It was fun because that’s where we had met for the first time.  This time was definitely more relaxed.  I couldn’t wait to meet with her, but she had to bring her daughter so our conversation was a bit more interrupted than it usually is.
The main topic of discussion was their most recent trip, a Disney cruise.  They had a blast! Eiko loved just being able to relax with her family.  The cruise left out of Florida somewhere near Orlando.  I’m not exactly sure where because it was hard to understand her.  They had some trouble with the flight there because of weather, but luckily they planned their travels a day early so that they wouldn’t miss the boat!
While on the cruise, they went to many shows and just relaxed by the pool.  I distinctly remember how amazing the food was when I went on a cruise years ago, so I asked how theirs was.  She said it was good, but not great.  She thinks the main reason is that it’s too “kid friendly.” I can completely understand that being on a Disney cruise.  To my surprise, she said she wished there had been more rice! I’m not trying to stereotype her, but she really did say that.  Eiko loves rice and that’s what she really wanted, but hardly any of the meals had rice with them.  I tried hard not to laugh, not at her but just the irony of the situation.
We also talked more about my summer plans and when I’ll return to Fort Worth.  I plan on going to see her new house when I get back to TCU, which I am really excited.  Hopefully I will have the chance to meet her husband, too.  We are going to meet one last time this week before I leave Fort Worth for the summer.  It’s going to be an emotional day, but I will release all those emotions through my next blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment